Wednesday 5 October 2011

I miss you Dad

I can hardly believe that 1 year ago today my Dad passed away after battling Cancer- he was so brave.
It has been the hardest year of my life and there have been some very sad times.

My dad was such a great man, fun loving, funny, adventurous and kind.
I never knew you could miss someone so much that it actually hurts, I will never take for granted time spent with my loved ones ever again.

I thought it would be nice to end this post with the poem I read out at Dads funeral by the sea.



Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die.

For a dad that it so loved and missed everyday xx

6 comments:

  1. Oh sweetheart that is so lovely.
    I'm sitting here sobbing.
    What a wonderful tribute to your dear dad.
    Sending you a huge hug
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big hugs Elise, your Dad will be proud of you - wherever he is xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lovely ladies, I know that dad would love the thought of being written about on my blog!
    Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big Hugs, Cancer is a horrid thing xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, so I am on here looking for button card inspiration and came across this... I lost someone I dearly love. A lady who was a Mother to me.. Long story short she wanted this read at her funeral on 8 Oct 2011 and never was read... Her 103rd birthday would have been next week..... Here reading this now has brought me to my knees...

    I am so sorry for your loss... Thank you for posting this, it as if she wanted me to read this now...

    M Bennett 3 Apr 2012

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank-you for your kind words, Im so sorry for your loss. It is such a beautiful poem, i just welled up reading it again.xxx

    ReplyDelete